The Charlotte Venture Challenge is a start-up competition for early-stage high growth companies. The competition has a history of producing and showcasing some of the Southeast’s most successful early-stage companies. In the last three years, over 300 start-up companies entered the competition for the opportunity to present to potential investors, first customers, and the chance to win over $150,000 in cash prizes. During the final rounds of competition, the finalists present to Angel and Venture Capital Investors and large potential customers (Fortune 500 Corps).
What is the Charlotte Venture Challenge
- A half day event with an evening reception that includes startup pitches, speakers, and lots of networking with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives and other community stakeholders.
- Competition cash prizes ensure an engaged and excited audience of 300+ influencers in the last 3 years.
- 2016 entrants include 100+ SE based startups (46% based in Charlotte, USA)
- Past corporate participants include corporate tech scouts, innovation executives, and venture development execu-tives at Lowes Inc., Electrolux Inc., Wells Fargo Inc., Belk Inc., Duke Energy Inc., MasterCard Inc., Husqvarna Inc., Ingersoll Rand Inc., SPX Inc., Bank of America Inc., Microsoft Inc., Flextronics Inc., Midrex Inc., Areva Inc., Carolina Healthcare Systems, and many others.
- Past investor groups include Grotech Ventures, Idea Fund Partners, Noro-Moseley Partners, Sunbridge Partners, T2VC, Bull City Venture Partners, Hatteras Venture Partners, 8 Rivers Capital, Upstate Carolina Angel Network, IMAF West, Blue Ridge Angel Network, NJ Angels, 460 Angels, Wilmington Angel Network, , IMAF Cape Fear, Charlotte Angel Fund, Virginia Angel Network, Angel Capital Group, Piedmont Angel Network, and many others.
Become a Partner of the 2017 Charlotte Venture Challenge Finals
- Position your organization as a partner to innovation-driven enterprises in the Southeast.
- Connect and build relationships with new clients and potential lead generators.
- Showcase your company and link with the academic, entrepreneur, investor, and corporate innovation eco-system.
- Multiple branding opportunities available for various needs and budgets.
For more information
Devin Collins, Ventureprise, Devin.Collins@uncc.edu