What is the 49er Foundry Student Incubator?
The Foundry helps students launch and grow innovative business and social ventures. The program provides business advisory services, connections, and an entrepreneurial learning community that supports the launch of successful student-founded ventures. The mission of the Foundry is to educate students through learning by doing entrepreneurial programming.The Foundry provides students with an intensive hands-on program designed to educate and launch scalable ventures.
Accelerating Scalable Student Ventures
49er Foundry provides shared office space including work area, private meeting space, conference room access, mailing address, wireless internet, copier, and fax. The program is open to Junior, Senior and Graduate Students in good standing as well as UNC Charlotte graduates within 12 months of their graduation date.Participation in the program begins with the submission of an application followed by a face-to-face interview. If selected into the program student are provided free space during the launch phase of the business followed by below market rent once a business model has been found for the first 18 months.
- Preference, but not automatic acceptance, is given to companies founded by students in the Entrepreneurship Certificate Program or that have competed in the Charlotte Venture Challenge business plan competition
- The ideal venture is innovation-based, scalable, and a good fit for the founding team's technical, creative, and business skills.
- At least one founder and/or majority owner of each company must be a student in good standing actively pursuing a degree.
- Founder(s) must have a commitment to exploring or pursuing an entrepreneurial career path, a viable business plan/concept, and willingness to add to the education experience of others in the Incubator
- Be coachable and willing to share all company information with staff and mentors
- Submit online application and participate in face-to-face interview.
- Decision will be communicated within 2 weeks.
- Each company signs a license agreement (lease) while occupying space in the Student Incubator
Applications and Information
Portal Building, Suite 202A (Front Desk Suite 252)
9312 Robert D. Snyder Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28223